Table of Contents
How do you start a persuasive story?
A persuasive paragraph starts with a topic sentence, which states an opinion about something. The body sentences give reasons that support the opinion, and the closing sentence may state the opinion in a new way.
What is a good introduction for a persuasive text?
The introduction in your persuasive essay should grab the readers’ attention and provide background information about your subject. It should end with a clear statement of your thesis. The body. The body should consist of all the arguments that support your thesis.
What are some words to start a persuasive essay?
Other Handy Phrases for Persuasive Writing
- I am certain. . .
- I’m sure that you can see that . . .
- What needs to be done/what we need to do. . .
- I ask you to think about . . .
- I am writing in order to . . .
- Nevertheless . . .
- On the other hand . . .
- It has come to my attention that . . .
How do you start a persuasive hook?
Strategies for writing an essay hook:
- Use literary quotes.
- Write a quote from a famous person.
- Surprise with a misconception.
- Write an anecdote.
- Tell a personal story.
- Use statistical data.
- Ask a question.
- Share a fact or a definition.
What are the example of persuasive?
1. A teenager attempting to convince her parents that she needs to be able to stay out until 11pm instead of 10pm. 2. A student council president trying to convince school administrators to allow the students to have a dance after the final football game of the season.
How do you write a persuasive topic sentence?
How to write a topic sentence
- Identify the main point in your piece of writing.
- Write a sentence that connects to your main idea with a what and a why.
- Use the sentence you created as an opening statement.
- Create the first sentence in each supporting paragraph.
- Use new information.