Table of Contents
What should you include when writing a biography?
Parts of a Biography: Key Elements to Include
- date and place of birth (and death, if applicable)
- current location of residence.
- educational background.
- professional experience.
- area of expertise.
- major achievements.
How do you write a biography?
If you’re interested in writing a biography, the following steps can get you started:
- Get permission. Once you’ve chosen the subject of the biography, seek permission to write about their life.
- Do your research.
- Form your thesis.
- Make a timeline.
- Use flashbacks.
- Include your thoughts.
Who Should I do a biography on?
Famous People for Biography Topics
- Albert Einstein (scientist)
- Alexander Fleming (scientist)
- Alexander Graham Bell (inventor)
- Alexander the Great (leader)
- Amelia Earhart (aviation)
- Anne Frank (Holocaust)
- Benjamin Franklin (Founding Father)
- Betty Ford (inspirational)
How do you write a simple biography?
How to write a personal bio
- Introduce yourself.
- Keep it concise.
- Use third person.
- Write strategically.
- Include your contact information.
- Edit thoroughly.
How do you start a biography?
How to Start a Good Biography
- Describe an event in the subject’s childhood.
- Write about the subject’s parents and discuss their childhoods, youth and upbringing.
- Describe a pivotal or suspenseful event in the subject’s adult life.
- Write about when the person first realized she was famous or influential.
How do I write a simple biography about myself?
It’s a good idea to include:
- Your name.
- Your current job title.
- Your company name or personal brand statement.
- Your hometown.
- Your alma mater.
- Your personal and professional goals.
- A relevant achievement or accomplishment.
- Your hobbies.
What do you need to know about writing a biography?
When you write a biography, you’re exploring the details of a person’s life, including their thought processes and emotions. This means that you must be able to write with care and tact. You will also be analyzing the events in your subject’s life and explaining why they do certain things to draw connections between those experiences.
Who is the author of an authorized biography?
An authorized biography is written with the permission, collaboration, and sometimes participation of a subject or the heirs of a subject. The person himself writes an autobiography, sometimes with the help of a contributor or ghostwriter.
What should be the thesis statement in a biography?
The thesis statement will usually be in the introduction, and will summarize the individual’s ‘big picture’ and most important aspects of his or her life. A biography is often not always about oneself.
How long should my bio be on my website?
If you are filling in the bio section of a profile, find out the word or character limit – that’s how long your bio should be. If you are writing the bio on your personal website, the longer the better. Plan to write 500 words – minimum. If you have 1,500 to 2,000 words in you, that’s even better.