Table of Contents
What are the comments put in Excel cells called?
1)Labels:- Labels (text) are descriptive pieces of information, such as names, months, or other identifying statistics, and they usually include alphabetic characters.
What is a cell comment?
Cell Comments, or notes as they are often called, were first introduced in Excel 97. They are basically the equivalent of sticky notes that have become so popular in offices throughout the world. They allow us to attach a comment to a cell to inform, remind or explain the content of a cell or range of cells.
How we can be a cell comment?
To view a cell comment
- A. Click the edit comment command on the insert menu.
- Click the display comment command on the window menu.
- Position the mouse pointer over the cell.
- Click the comment command on the view menu.
What is the purpose of putting a comment in a cell?
Summary. Excel comments are used to add a note or explain a formula in a cell. Excel provides users with the flexibility of editing, deleting, and showing or hiding comments on an Excel worksheet.
What term describes explanatory text attached to a cell?
According to Google the answer to this is “Comment” of which relates to MS Excel and not Yellowfin. Regards, Mark. Mark McGuire.
What is a name box?
Name Box is a tool that shows the active cell address. For example, if you have selected the cell C1, this name box will show the active cell address as C1.
How do you insert a comment in Excel?
Insert an Excel Comment
- Right-click the cell in which you want the comment.
- Click Insert Comment.
- Type your comment where the cursor is flashing.
- Text will wrap automatically. If you want to start a new line, press the Enter key.
- When finished, click outside the comment box.
How do you read comments in an Excel cell?
To read a comment, you can just hover your pointer over the cell with the comment in it, and the comment pops up for you to read.
How do you comment in a cell in Excel?
Insert simple notes for annotation purposes
- Right-click the cell and then click Insert Comment (or press Shift+F2). If you’re using Excel for Office 365, right-click the cell and choose New Note.
- Type your annotation text.
- Click outside the cell.
What is explanatory text?
An explanatory text (sometimes called an explanation) is a type of non-fiction text that explains a process (for example, how something works or why something happens). Read this example of an explanatory text.
What is the feature called that displays only the data is a column according to specified criteria?
A feature that displays only the data in column according to specified criteria is Filtering.