Table of Contents
What problems does making the fertilizer cause?
Some of these impacts include algae blooms causing the depletion of oxygen in surface waters, pathogens and nitrates in drinking water, and the emission of odors and gases into the air. Nutrients from manure and fertilizers enter lakes and streams through runoff and soil erosion.
How do we control fertilizers?
Slow release fertilizers use physical coatings on the fertilizer granules to control the release of nutrients. Again, the idea is to match the release of nutrients with the rate of uptake by the crop. Erosion control measures can dramatically reduce phosphorus pollution.
How is fertilizer harmful to the environment?
When the excess nutrients from all the fertilizer we use runs off into our waterways, they cause algae blooms sometimes big enough to make waterways impassable. When the algae die, they sink to the bottom and decompose in a process that removes oxygen from the water.
What happens if you eat a lot of fertilizer?
Plant fertilizer poisoning. Plant fertilizers and household plant foods are used to improve plant growth. Poisoning can occur if someone swallows these products. Plant fertilizers are mildly poisonous if small amounts are swallowed. Larger amounts can be harmful to children. Touching a large amount of plant fertilizer may cause severe burns.
Is it possible to get plant fertilizer poisoning?
Plant fertilizers and household plant foods are used to improve plant growth. Poisoning can occur if someone swallows these products. Plant fertilizers are mildly poisonous if small amounts are swallowed. Larger amounts can be harmful to children.
What are the effects of pesticide and chemical fertilizer?
As basically the function of pesticide is to kill pest by poisoning them the side effect of it might not far from it. It is reported that the usage of chemical fertilizer (read more : iron used in plant for growth and fertilizer) and pesticide contaminated and poison the soil, water, turf, and other vegetation.
What should I do if I swallowed a fertilizer?
Get medical help right away. Do NOT make the person throw up unless poison control or a health care provider tells you to. If the fertilizer is on the skin or in the eyes, flush with lots of water for at least 15 minutes. If the person swallowed the fertilizer, give them water or milk right away, if a provider tells you to do so.