Table of Contents
Why was Justinian important?
Justinian is best remembered for his work as a legislator and codifier. He also sponsored the codification of laws known as the Codex Justinianus (Code of Justinian) and directed the construction of several important cathedrals, including the Hagia Sophia. Byzantine Empire. Learn about this historical Eastern empire.
How do you use Byzantine in a sentence?
(1) If the Byzantine Empire would ever bring itself to unite with the Empire of the West. (2) The Eastern Roman Empire, called the Byzantine Empire, controls Greece.
How do you use the word Constantinople in a sentence?
When Constantinople fell in 1453, the old ties between Venice and the Eastern empire were broken, and she now entered on a wholly new phase of her history. When Italy had reached this point, Constantinople was taken by the Turks. Both at Rome and Constantinople , therefore, the actual fast was but thirty-six days.
What were the laws in Justinian’s code?
Emperor Justinian wanted to save in writing all the laws that began in ancient Rome. Those laws were called the Twelve Tables. He collected up all the old laws, and added new ones that gave his people even more rights. One of the laws in Justinian’s Code stated that a person was innocent until proven guilty.
How do you use Charlemagne in a sentence?
Charlemagne Sentence Examples
- Under Charlemagne and his successors it was not used.
- He sent an embassy to Charlemagne in 768 and was deposed in 774, whereupon he fled to Bamburgh and afterwards to the Picts.
- Under Charlemagne, the Jews, who had begun to settle in Gaul in the time of Caesar, were more than tolerated.
What is another word for Byzantine?
In this page you can discover 30 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for byzantine, like: complex, complicated, involved, byzantium, intricate, daedal, daedalian, involute, knotty, tangled and simple.
How do you use excommunicate in a sentence?
oust or exclude from a group or membership by decree.
- The Chinese Christians, therefore, practically excommunicate themselves from their own clan.
- He was excommunicated from the church.
- Eventually,(www.Sentencedict.com) he was excommunicated along with his mentor.